Governance and ethics
The CLRL’s governance and structure are intended to be officially flexible, horizontal and collaborative. All our members are considered as colleagues and we make a conscious effort to avoid creating a hierarchy between them (for example between professor and student researchers), as well as to maintain a simple and flexible way of operating. Furthermore, our goal is for the activities of the CLRL to be the most ethical, transparent and accessible possible. Here are some of our initiatives towards this goal:
- Our rates include solidarity rates for those who wish to participate, but who do not have sufficient financial resources to do so. We do not ask for any justification.
- In the interests of transparency, we seek to publicize the origin of our financial and material resources. This information is available in our annual reports.
- We favour small local companies, as well as ethical, fair trade and organic products.
- We adopt the approach of minimal use of environmental, material and financial resources. As such, for example, we do not distribute folders filled with leaflets nor do we distribute promotional products during our events. We favour water pitchers filled with filtered tap water (rather than bottles), reusable glasses and dishes, as well as recycling and composting of organic matter.
- Considering our values geared towards greater accessibility to all, we invite you to contact us if you have specific needs.
Should you have any suggestions to render our activities even more responsible, from a financial, social and environmental standpoint, please do not hesitate to communicate any ideas you might have!